Mindmaps


Mindmaps

Welcome again!!!! Here I bring you the last post before Easter holidays! 


giant egg

These last few days we have been dealing with the topic of weather and climate in Social Sciences. Children love it, but what I have realised is that they get very confused between the two terms and their elements. This week I have been mulling over the idea about what resource I can use to help my students understand the differences and I think I have found the solution.

I have thought about the idea of introducing mindmaps. A mindmap is a diagram in which information is represented visually, usually with a central idea placed in the middle and associated ideas arranged around it. If we introduce its use in the classroom, we will be able to make our students able to organise the knowledge learnt in any subject. 

The mindmaps could be done by hand in the students' notebooks, but what about being able to do them on the computer with thousands of resources to add such as images, colours, etc.

In the era in which we live, with all kinds of technology at our fingertips, it is very easy to find websites to carry out these mind maps. But allow me to make a recommendation of the most useful ones I have found: Coggle, Mindmeister, Mind42, SpiderScribe, Bubbl.us, Creately.

For the mindmap you see below I have used Creately. I have chosen this web site because of the good recommendations I have had and also because of its functionality. It has numerous options to make your mindmap as personalized as possible, a huge range of colours and the ease of being able to include images. I also thought that it could be one of the easiest to use for our students. 

   


 I hope you like this new post and I'll see you back from holidays. Enjoy and stay safe.








Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

What do animals eat?

YOUTUBE